The Marine Toys for Tots Foster Care Initiative came to fruition in 2022. The Initiative provides resources to children living in Foster Care during extremely stressful and trying times with the goal of reducing their anxiety and making a positive impact in their lives.
Foster children are removed from everything that they know and are placed in a completely unknown situation. They also often leave their homes with only a small plastic bag of their belongings. Through the Foster Care Initiative, foster children will be provided with something tangible to take with them as they move and tools and hope for a brighter tomorrow.
- The Program enlists support from local organizations and departments across the Nation to distribute toys, books, educational resources, and other gifts.
- The Initiative kicked-off in Warner Robins, Georgia in 2022 and distributed over 400 backpacks filles with toys, books, and school supplies to local foster children.
- 400 foster children were supported in Buena Park, CA in 2023
- 400 foster children were supported in Quincy, IL in 2023
- 200 foster children were supported in Mt. Laurel, NJ in 2023
- 2,100 foster children were supported in Tucson, AZ in 2023